Principal Manager at Qualcomm @ San Diego, California
Technology Commercialization | Ecosystems | Strategic Partnerships
Versatile, results oriented, entrepreneurial executive with expertise in commercializing emerging technologies and launching new product categories.
Successful working with and operating within industry leading companies such as Apple, AT&T, Comcast, Cisco, Disney, Microsoft and Motorola and in early stage startup companies.
Expertise in the Telecommunications, Media & Entertainment, Consumer Electronics, IoT, Software, Hardware and Semiconductor industries.
Broad functional experience in Business Development, Technology Licensing, Marketing, Product Management, P&L Managememt and Investment Strategy/Due Diligence.
Deep understanding of a broad range of technologies, business models, operational issues and political dynamics within companies and industries.
Significant experience in evolution of developing product concepts to developing strategy to detailed business plans to execution plans.
Highly skilled in explaining complex technologies to non-technical audiences and a featured speaker or panelist for high profile industry events including CES, The Digital Media Summit and Digital Hollywood.
• Strategic Partnerships and Joint Venture Management
• Technology Commercialization - Strategic Assessments, Use Case Development, Business Modeling
• Business Development and Industry Outreach (Evangelism)
• Translating Strategy into Successful Execution Plans
• Deal Structure and Contract Negotiations
• Startup Operations and Business Scaling
• Corporate Innovation Strategy
• Intellectual Property/Technology Licensing
Follow me on Twitter @DaveBarron