Director, Global Alliances @ San Francisco Bay Area
Global Information Security Officer at Pret A Manger
London, England Metropolitan Area
With the entirety of my career spent in Security, Information Technology, Systems and Services functions, I have established a resounding career of over 14 years, where I have taken on a myriad of senior roles at renowned organisations and contributed as a multi-disciplinary professional able to exceed expectations. Cyber and Information Security have always been my main area of interest, and to build enterprising architectural systems aimed to protect all assets, mitigate threats and manage risks is what I do best.
I always get my hands dirty in the technical implementation of security projects.
Over the years, I have held notable successes in technical security control implementation, security audits, leading ISO 27001 implementation projects, introducing new SDLC processes, and advising as a member of the senior management team on managing security vulnerabilities and preventing security incidents.
My key qualities include the ability to lead cross-functional global teams across major projects while maintaining seamless operations, to design and implement policies, and to ensure compliance adherence to GDPR and other legislative requirements. I hold skills that have been naturally progressive for me, such as conducting audits to assess security and IT effectiveness, to drive business continuity of both IT and Security functions, and to introduce new technologies to further leverage company standing. I am excited to work at a global organisation focusing on security controls implementation, or as a Security-focused consultant for business clients.
My top value-adds are:
- I ensure that security becomes part of the culture of the business by my personal traits, methods of communication and education philosophies
- I use automation where possible to ensure minimum interference in business processes, rather setting up preventative measures (than detective) and always utilise continuous monitoring where possible
- I always gets my hands dirty in the technical implementation of security controls
- I am easily able to change the security implementation approach based on size of company, and budget available to spend
- I am an ambassador for communication
- I am most passionate about early user security education and DevSecOps
To connect with me and discuss further, I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org