John Curran MCh FRCSI (Plast)
Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon at John Curran Plastic Surgery @ Ireland
Manager | Risk Analytics & Data Engineer at Charles Schwab
Manager (Risk Analytics and Data)
• Technical Validation of statistical models (SAS, Python, R)
• Annual Reviews of the models
• Create dashboards using tableau for the team as per the requirements
• Working on ETL project by creating data pipelines and transforming the data as needed
• Work on the data related (create shocks, verify and create SQL queries to pull data for the team)
• Data testing for the new company merger on accounts
• Verifying technical and white paper for models
Graduate Student (University of Colorado | Dec -2019) | Information Systems (Business Intelligence) & Business Analytics
• Relevant coursework includes Business Intelligence, Financial Modeling, Cloud Computing, Python, IT Project Management, Statistics, Data Management, Database Design, Data Warehousing, Data Mining, Data Visualization
• Academic project work includes developing a Dashboard working with Tableau and Micro Strategy to analyze clinical and financial data; solved InnoMed case study and created the scenario in AWS lab.
• Business Intelligence: Descriptive Analysis, SQL, Visualization Tools, Tableau, Statistics, Creating Dashboards, Data Modeling, Good troubleshooting/debugging skills, Time Series.
Before this, I have 3-year of experience (Company name – GlobalLogic) SQL, Data Visualization, Performance testing using JMeter and API’s
• Experienced in writing complex SQL queries, procedures, and automation
• Bug Reporting & Tracking Process: Bug Reporting and Tracking using Bug trackings tools like JIRA and HYDRA.
• Project Management tool used: ProjectLibre
My Key Skills:
Statistical & Machine Learning Techniques Used: EDA, Regression and Clustering techniques (K-means and K-Clustering), Used Data Frames techniques, used libraries like NumPy, Scipy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Plotly, Scikit-learn, etc.
From my Internship: ETL (Extracting, transforming data and Loading it) using Visual Studios (SSIS), Validate the Statistical Models for the financial data (Annual Review| GAP analysis | Validation of quantitative and qualitative data) and worked on making visualizations for the data cleaned using Tableau.
Business Skills: Strategy, Problem-solving, Reporting, Planning & Forecasting
Tools & Technologies: Python, SQL, R programming, Tableau, MicroStrategy, MS Office
Now Leaning: Cloud Computing, AWS Certification (Associate)