Don Brumfield, ITIL v3
Vice President, Global IT Customer Success at Heidrick & Struggles @ Geneva, Illinois
DevOps Engineer at Congenica
St. Neots, England
As a bright ambitious person, I enjoy working in a fast paced, highly motivating position where I can assist others while challenging and expanding my knowledge and understanding of the task at hand. I am seeking a position that will utilize my Linux and networking knowledge, software and hardware experience and offer the chance for advancement as well as allow me the opportunity to gain additional skills and experience.
As a Linux and Network Systems Administrator at Amino I have successfully:
- configured Ansible for autmated VM deployment and Linux installation,
- upgraded local network to 10GE,
- deployed VLANs,
- deployed network security mechanisms like loop detection, dhcp snooping, broadcast storm protection, Multicast querier, etc.
- deployed redundant Linux gateway based on VRRP;
- secured network and externally faced servers/routers by customized Linux based Firewall and WAF.
- configured and deployed anti Spam and Malware protection for local Mail server based on Exim;
- configured OSPF routing;
- performed upgrade of most of core Linux servers;
- prepared and deployed Debian and Ubuntu preseeds for automated Linux installation for desktop and servers;
- configured servers (including VMWare hosts and guests) and UPSes to perform clean shutdown in case of power outage;
- configured Nagios for systems and network monitoring;
- maintained LDAP and Active Directory in Linux desktop and servers;
- visualized physical servers (VMWare);
- configured daily, weekly and monthly backups of all important Linux servers;
- documented my work on local Wiki.
On daily basis I am responsible for:
- systems and network security;
- systems upgrade and migration;
- daily Linux (mainly) and Windows desktop problem solving;
- backup maintenance;
- working with JIRA for defect tracking and solving;
...and many more including MySQL databases maintenance and backup, keeping of VPN links running, etc.