Video Collaboration Sales - Public Sector @ Austin, Texas
Sr. Cloud and Hosting Services Engineer at Pearson
• Experienced with AWS services including S3, EC2, EBS, IAM, CloudFormation, VPC's and more
• Experienced with EMC Networker, Avamar, Data Domain and TSM
• Experience with EMC Recoverpoint
• Experience with EMC Replication Manager
• Experience with Macintosh, Windows, Unix, Linux operating systems
• Experience with Extreme Network gear
• Work with VMWARE in order to make sure the environment is protected
• Setup and Manage Solaris server containing digital asset management
application for creative environment.
• Work with our EMC reps to provide them the information they need to
help us implement EMC Solutions in our environment
• Experience zoning in hosts on Cisco SAN switches
• Experience provisioning storage on a VMAX with SMC
• Help Windows Server Admins with guest level backups of the VMWARE
• Gather and analyze logs to determine root cause of problems with
backups or storage.
• Help Windows Server Admins with storage provisioning for VMWARE
• Assist with zoning and storage provisioning for HP Blade Center
• Work with SMC, ECC for storage provisioning and reporting
• Work with EMC EDL 4100 for TSM and Networker backup environments
• Work with Teredata admin to setup LAN free backups to TSM
• Helped prepare for and oversee installation of Data Domain and Avamar
hardware in new Data Center
• Helped create custom reports for Avamar so that the Windows and Unix
server admins would get an email daily that let them know the exact status of
all of their server backups.
• Spec hardware and software and work with vendors to obtain
• Gather EMC grabs and run through HEAT reports tool.
• Experience with TimeFinder snaps and clones
• Work with Networking team to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
Specialties: Negotiate with vendors to ensure the best deals on software and hardware, manage Adobe and Quark licensing, spec out hardware and software for creative departments.